Sunday, January 27, 2008

Delhi

Hi all,
First of all a warm welcome to all. The last month I was touring North India & especially New Delhi. I made some friends & listened to one & all about things. The most interesting event/happening for me however was the Delhi Metro, one of the more cheaper yet one of the most efficient ways to travel around Delhi. I just loved the way it travels. There are few chinks in the system as compared to the Mumbai locals. Some I know will go away with time, some I hope will be shown by people like you & I in the hope some action gets is taken.

  • Quite a few times the ETA for next arrival of train will not show the correct time
  • The interval between trains is quite a bit, but heard the frequency is better now.
  • The Mumbai locals are up from 4-4:30 am to 2 am the next day, the Delhi Metro however shuts down at 12 am. Not cool if you are visiting the city & meeting people.
  • There is presence of law in most of the Mumbai Stations but not so much in Delhi even though its the capital of the country.
  • The feeder services linking to & for Metro seem unplanned, also no technology seems to have been used there.
  • Rickshaws still loot, there is just no concept of a metered Reading. One has to negotiate & they don't go small distances.

No comments: